He Who Cooks is, obviously, a food blog created by a guy who cooks. But there’s more to the title.
For one, I want to get rid of the misconception guys don’t know how to cook. There are lots of other guys, single and married, who cook. And if they don’t know how, I’m here to provide some recipes and tips.
The other reason I chose He Who Cooks is because the phrase sounds like it might be leading to words of wisdom. Wonderful quotes such as:
- He who practices patience will never be deprived of success, even though it may take a long time to reach him.
- He who dares to teach must never cease to learn.
I have been blessed to receive wise words of wisdom and handy tips from some great chefs and cooking professionals. My goal is to share delicious recipes and excellent tips with everyone who visits my blog.
While you are here, make sure you check out other sections of the blog:
- He Who Bakes – Baking was my first love. My godparents, Samson and Loretha Butler, owned their own bakery. I can still smell those cakes baking in the oven…and taste the buttercream icing. Any recipes for the sweet part of life can be found in this section.
- He Who Cooks – Savory recipes can be found here. Spicy and some salty, too.
- He Who Teaches – Any essential guides, tips and basic instructions can be found here.
Here’s where I am with food right now:
- I want to enjoy good food that is good for me…high in nutritional content and low in sodium, fat and sugar.
- I like taking traditional comfort food and creating lighter versions.
- I look for locally sourced ingredients, especially produce.
- I need recipes ranging from enough for myself with leftovers to cooking for a crowd.
All prepared and presented by He (me) who just happens to love to cook.